Dentist in Primary Care Clinic
The Mission Neighborhood Health Center (MNHC) is a non-profit, multi-site community health organization offering comprehensive health services in the Mission and Excelsior Districts of San Francisco. The center offers primary health care services, adult medicine, pediatrics, family planning, OB/GYN, HIV and homeless services.
We advocate for health equity and deliver innovative, high-quality services responsive to the neighborhoods and diverse communities we serve with a focus on the Latino Spanish-Speaking Communities.
We are currently looking for qualified candidates for our Dentist role. This position reports to the Dental Director and is a Regular, Full Time, Exempt role with a starting annual salary range of $161,000 to $182,000 with full benefits.
Under the supervision of the Dental Director, the Dentist will be responsible for providing routine and emergency dental services to MNHC patients with the highest levels of quality and customer service. Services to include: diagnosis and treatment planning, general restorative procedures, crown and bridge construction, removable prosthetics, uncomplicated endodontics, and minor oral surgery.
- Provide routine and emergency dental services, including diagnosis and treatment plans, general restorative procedures, crown and bridge construction, removable prosthetics, uncomplicated endodontics and minor oral surgery.
- Initiate and interpret x-ray and lab studies.
- Administer and prescribe anesthetics and medications.
- Refer patients for specialty care to other clinic programs our outside agencies as appropriate
- Supervise to Dental Assistant and Dental Hygienist as needed.
- Conduct follow-up patient care.
- Provide dental and oral health education to patients and families.
- Assist in reviewing clinic productivity, scheduling procedures, and establishing guidelines for care and treatment.
- Teach and train patients and staff on illness prevention.
- Actively participate in community dental programs.
- Assist with in-service and on-going training of clinic staff.
- Build relationships and foster a high level of customer service.
- Manage difficult clients and patients, demonstrating interpersonal savvy and influence skills.
- Exercise professional judgement in the performance of services provided consistent with the organization's policies and the standards of the dental profession.
- Demonstrate high degree of knowledge and competency in the practice of dentistry and associated charting requirements.
- Perform assigned dental tasks using high level of skills and ability.
- Utilize computers for data entry and information retrieval with proficiency.
- Utilize and monitor effectiveness and efficiency of all equipment and supplies used in the delivery of services.
- Communicate frequently with others in verbal and written communication format.
- Implement and evaluate operational and administrative processes.
- D.D.S. from an accredited educational institution.
- Valid license to practice dentistry in California.
- Demonstrated expertise in relevant dental practices, protocol, trends and best practices in clinical areas assigned.
- Demonstrated knowledge and success in effecting overall clinical operations.
- Experience/Knowledge of JCAHO accreditation process and requirements, as well as all federal, state and local regulations and standards associated with the delivery of care in a community health center environment.
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities and emergency situations successfully.
- Bilingual - conversational Spanish/English preferred
To learn more about our organization, please visit our website at www.mnhc.org. We offer a full range of benefits which includes the following:
- Medical Insurance – MNHC pays 90-100% based on plan
- Dental and Vision Insurance – free to employee
- Flex Spend Accts for health & dependent care expenses
- Commuter benefits for public transportation expenses
- Life Insurance – free basic policy plus voluntary option
- Vacation – 3 weeks (4 weeks after 5 years)
- 12 Paid Holidays plus your birthday and 12 Sick day each year
- 40 hours Paid Educational Leave
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Company Contribution
- DEA Licenses - MNHC pays for your renewal
- CME - $500 per year
- Pre-Approved Loan Repayment Programs available!
Mission Neighborhood Health Center is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment for our diverse workforce. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.