Registered Nurse (RN) for Pediatric Clinic (bilingual - Spanish)
The Mission Neighborhood Health Center (MNHC) is a non-profit, multi-site community health organization offering comprehensive health services in the Mission and Excelsior Districts of San Francisco. The center offers primary health care services, adult medicine, pediatrics, family planning, OB/GYN, HIV and homeless services.
We advocate for health equity and deliver innovative, high-quality services responsive to the neighborhoods and diverse communities we serve with a focus on the Latino Spanish-Speaking Communities.
We are currently looking for qualified candidates to join our Mission Bernal Clinic as a Registered Nurse. Please note: this role requires an applicant to be bilingual (English/Spanish). This position reports to the Senior Nurse Manager and is a Regular, Full Time, Exempt role with a starting annual salary range of $83,000 to $93,000 with full benefits. New RN graduates are welcome!
Registered Nurse is responsible for the delivery of high-quality direct clinical care to patients and clinical supervision of assigned Medical Assistants and other nurses in their departments. The Registered Nurse provides comprehensive clinical support to the interdisciplinary Care Team. The Registered Nurse supports a panel of the clinic's high-risk, complex patient population, in collaboration with the Care Team. Registered Nurse supports clinical initiatives to support and maintain Patient-Centered Medical Home recognition.
- Performs patient care activities within the scope of licensure.
- Performs comprehensive triage and advice (phone, in-person) under the direction of licensed clinical staff.
- Conduct comprehensive assessment of patients' physical, behavioral health, and psychosocial needs.
- Utilize behavioral strategies to help patients/parents adopt healthy behaviors and improve self-care.
- Processes medication refill and prior authorizations, in accordance with protocol.
- Provides immediate response for triage (phone and in-person). Responds to codes within facility.
- Informs and educates patients/parents on significance of lab and radiology results, as directed.
- Complete Nurse Co-Visits in conjunction with Care Team in a timely, efficient manner.
- Develop person-centered, individualized Care Plans.
- Initiate, facilitate, and participate in Care Conferences.
- Provide clinical supervision to assigned Medical Assistants.
- Attend and participate in huddles, trainings, and meetings, as requested by Supervisor.
- Participate in quality improvement projects.
- Support maintenance and inventory of medical emergency equipment and sterilization supplies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Valid, unrestricted Registered Nurse license in the State of California required.
- Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing required. Two-year nursing degree required. Bachelor or Master's degree preferred.
- Valid CPR and BLS certificate.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish required.
- Experience with electronic medical records and practice management (scheduling) systems preferred.
- Familiarity with population health systems preferred
To learn more about our organization, please visit our website at www.mnhc.org. We offer a full range of benefits which includes the following:
- Medical Insurance – MNHC pays 90-100% based on plan
- Dental and Vision Insurance – free to employee
- Life Insurance – free basic policy plus voluntary option
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health & dependent care expenses
- Commuter benefits for public transportation expenses
- Vacation – 2 weeks (3 weeks after 5 yrs; 4 weeks after 8 yrs)
- 12 Paid Holidays plus your birthday and 12 Sick Days each year
- 40 hours Paid Educational Leave
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Company Contribution
Mission Neighborhood Health Center is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment for our diverse workforce. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.