Pediatrician, On-Call (Nights and Weekends)
The Mission Neighborhood Health Center (MNHC) is a non-profit, multi-site community health organization offering comprehensive health services in the Mission and Excelsior Districts of San Francisco. The center offers primary health care services, adult medicine, pediatrics, family planning, OB/GYN, HIV and homeless services.
We advocate for health equity and deliver innovative, high-quality services responsive to the neighborhoods and diverse communities we serve with a focus on the Latino Spanish-Speaking Communities.
We are currently looking for qualified candidates for our Pediatrician, On-Call role. This position reports to the Lead Pediatrician and is a On-Call, Non-Exempt role with a starting hourly rate of $110.00.
The On-Call After Hours Pediatrician will cover sick/vacation days for full-time providers in our clinics performing primary care as well as seeing walk-in/urgent care patients according to schedule availability. This position provides tremendous flexibility of schedule, as the provider has freedom to accept or pass on available days in which regular providers have planned time-off. The provider may also receive inquiries of next-day or same-day availability in the case of regular providers out due to illness. The provider will serve the patients as a member of a tight-knit team involving MA, nurse, behavioral health counselor, and dietician.
- Assumes direct responsibility for the health care of children and adolescents, including well baby visits, physical exams, and frequently occurring acute illnesses and chronic diseases of children.
- Provides ambulatory preventative medical services in accordance with community national Standard of Practice, AAP and DHHS guidelines.
- Provides treatment for acute and chronic medical conditions according to AAP standards.
- Provides ambulatory medical services for acute, chronic conditions as well as preventive services and health education to adolescents in our Teen Clinic in accordance to AAP and community guidelines.
- Participates in community and media educational programs in Spanish and English as required to address various pediatric illnesses, disease prevention, and community outreach.
- Participates in evening "On Call" services.
- Provides continuity of care for hospitalized and referred patients according to health center protocols.
- Maintains staff privilege at a community hospital and/or San Francisco General Hospital and serves on hospital committees as required.
- Participates in Quality Assurance activities as designated by the Medical Director or Chief of Pediatrics, including the development of practice guidelines.
- Participates in organizational committees as requested by the Medical Director or Chief of Pediatrics, e.g. pharmacy, quality assurance, etc.
- Participates in consultation, supervision, and preceptorship of mid-level practitioners, pediatric residents, and medical students.
- Attends Health Center Medical or departmental meetings as directed by the Medical Director or Chief of Pediatrics.
- Is committed to providing immunizations to all pediatric and adolescent patients in accordance to ACIP and AAP guidelines.
- Provides clinical consultation by telephone to midlevel providers at satellite clinics.
- Provides all clinical services as described above depending on organizational needs across all sites including satellite clinics.
- May be assigned to other departmental clinical projects as assigned by the Chief of Pediatrics.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Valid California Medical License and current DEA license.
- Board certified or Board eligible and residency training in Pediatrics.
- Bilingual in Spanish/English preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications: Outlook, Word, Excel, and Internet Explorer.
- Experience with Practice Management Systems and Electronic Health Record Systems.
- General office equipment, fax, copier, printer, phone, and computer.
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to working with diverse cultures/communities.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality when dealing with patient records and personal information.
To learn more about our organization, please visit our website at www.mnhc.org.
Mission Neighborhood Health Center is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment for our diverse workforce. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.