Medical Assistant (M.A.) On-Call - bilingual
The Mission Neighborhood Health Center (MNHC) is a non-profit, multi-site community health organization offering comprehensive health services in the Mission and Excelsior Districts of San Francisco. The center offers primary health care services, adult medicine, pediatrics, family planning, OB/GYN, HIV and homeless services.
We advocate for health equity and deliver innovative, high-quality services responsive to the neighborhoods and diverse communities we serve with a focus on the Latino Spanish-Speaking Communities.
We are currently looking for qualified candidates for our Medical Assistant (M.A.) On-Call role. Please note: this role requires an applicant to be bilingual (English/Spanish). This position reports to the Clinic Supervisor and is a On-Call, Non-Exempt role with a starting hourly rate of $23.80.
As an On-Call Medical Assistant at Mission Neighborhood Health Center, you join a team of compassionate and dedicated health professionals. You will play a key role in a Care Team as you support medical providers, ensure efficient patient flow, and provide excellent care and service to our patients.
- Complete confirmation calls Patient Visit preparation, and prepare & maintain exam rooms throughout the day.
- Greet patients, perform intake including vitals, patient history, medication changes, etc., and set patient expectations for the visit.
- Identify critical and needed preventative care services.
- Administer/perform immunizations, tests, treatments as ordered by Primary Care Provider.
- Schedule patient follow-up visits and explain any follow-up care including referrals to outside specialists.
- Complete all required documentation in the Electronic Health Record, correctly and efficiently.
- Use i2i Tracks Health Registry to produce reports and follow up on referrals, lab results, etc. Use i2i Tracks to print Visit Summary sheets and follow-up with individual patients regarding recommended health care services (i.e. - "patient re-calls").
- Cross-train in other clinic departments beyond your home department, in order to ensure excellent patient care across the organization.
- Flexible schedule available for an on-call position at clinics in Mission, Excelsior and Mission Bernal neighborhoods.
- Bilingual Spanish/English
- High School Degree or GED.
- Completion of an accredited Medical Assistant program required.
- National Certification as a Medical Assistant strongly preferred.
- Basic Life Support Certificate.
- Six months experience preferred. Familiarity with third-party reimbursement programs preferred.
- Phlebotomy experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications including Outlook and Word (Excel preferred).
- Experience with practice management systems and electronic health records.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality when dealing with patient records and personal information.
To learn more about our organization, please visit our website at www.mnhc.org.
Mission Neighborhood Health Center is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment for our diverse workforce. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.