Physician at Mission Bernal Clinic
The Mission Neighborhood Health Center (MNHC) is a non-profit, multi-site community health organization offering comprehensive health services in the Mission and Excelsior Districts of San Francisco. The center offers primary health care services, adult medicine, pediatrics, family planning, OB/GYN, HIV and homeless services.
We advocate for health equity and deliver innovative, high-quality services responsive to the neighborhoods and diverse communities we serve with a focus on the Latino Spanish-Speaking Communities.
We are currently looking for qualified candidates for our Physician role. This position reports to the Lead Physician and is a Regular, Full Time, Exempt role with a starting annual salary range of $210,000 to $225,000 with full benefits.
Under the general direction of the Lead Physician and the CMO, the Adult Clinic Physician at Mission Neighborhood Health Center will be primarily responsible for providing services to our Adult Clinic Department. The Adult Clinic Physician at Mission Neighborhood Health Center will perform basic physical examinations. The NP records these findings using the problem-oriented record system. Based on the results of the above, in accordance with standardized procedures, evidence-based information, the physician plans and implements the appropriate treatment made for the patient. The provider would need to support some standardized clinical processes regarding patient centered medical home, population-based patient management, patient, family/self-care and other quality measures.
- Provides ambulatory acute, chronic, and preventative medical services to patients in accordance with Community and National Standards of Practice and DHHS/DHCS guidelines.
- Provides continuity of care for hospitalized and referred patients according to Health Center protocols.
- Provides consultation, supervision and preceptorship (as able) for Nurse Practitioners or Physician Assistants.
- Provides leadership and guidance for support staff (Medical Assistants, Patient Services Specialist and Lab Staff) volunteers and trainees in day-to-day clinic functions.
- Adheres to the highest standards of medical practice, ethics, and professionalism at all times.
- Support process improvement initiatives that enhance Team Based Care and PCMH recognition.
- Educates patients on wellness, prevention, and early detection by providing materials and resources to the patients and families.
- Prescribes medical treatment and clinical drugs to patients and Orders studies, test and ancillary services.
- Documents all services in accurately in-patient medical record and completes billing/charges within 48 hours of the visit.
- Participates in Quality Assurance activities as designated/needed by the supervisor or the CMO.
- Fulfills all Medicare/Medicaid and Health Plan credentialing and re-credentialing requirements.
- Attends Health Center medical or departmental meetings as directed by CMO.
- Consults with specialist and hospitalist/resident regarding outpatient referrals, and patient’s course if hospitalized, according to Health Center protocols.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor and/or CMO.
- Graduate from an accredited medical school. Must have a valid California Practice License. Current DEA registration. Board certified or Board eligible or residency trained in Family Practice, Internal Medicine or Osteopathy. Current BLS certification.
- Professional clinical experience in specific area of practice, i.e. “Family Practice, Internal Medicine, etc.” for at least one-year as Physician preferred, but not required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications: Outlook, Word, Excel, and Internet Explorer. Experience with Practice Management Systems and Electronic Health Record Systems.
Skills & Abilities:
- Performance - Able to multi-task, prioritize task, meet deadlines. Requires analytical skills and demonstrates attention to detail.
- Communication - Strong verbal communication skills with patients and MNHC staff. Must be a well-organized professional who thrives in a team-oriented environment.
- Leadership - Strong, effective supervisory skills to oversee mid-level staff.
- Stress Management - Ability to remain tactful under pressure and present a professional demeanor and communication style with co-workers in a multicultural setting.
To learn more about our organization, please visit our website at www.mnhc.org. We offer a full range of benefits which includes the following:
- Medical Insurance – MNHC pays 90-100% based on plan
- Dental and Vision Insurance – free to employee
- Flex Spend Accts for health & dependent care expenses
- Commuter benefits for public transportation expenses
- Life Insurance – free basic policy plus voluntary option
- Vacation – 3 weeks (4 weeks after 5 years)
- 12 Paid Holidays plus your birthday and 12 Sick day each year
- 40 hours Paid Educational Leave
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Company Contribution
- DEA Licenses - MNHC pays for your renewal
- CME - $500 per year
- Pre-Approved Loan Repayment Programs available!
Mission Neighborhood Health Center is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment for our diverse workforce. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.