The Mission Neighborhood Health Center (MNHC) is a non-profit, multi-site community health organization offering comprehensive health services in the Mission and Excelsior Districts of San Francisco. The center offers primary health care services, adult medicine, pediatrics, family planning, OB/GYN, HIV and homeless services.
We advocate for health equity and deliver innovative, high-quality services responsive to the neighborhoods and diverse communities we serve with a focus on the Latino Spanish-Speaking Communities.
We are currently looking for qualified candidates for our HIV Recruitment and Retention Coordinator role. This position reports to the Director of Programs and HIV Services and is a Regular, Full Time, Non-Exempt role with a starting hourly rate range of $23.00 to $26.00 with full benefits.
Under the supervision of the HIV Services Director and Social Services Coordinator, and in conjunction with the HIV multi-disciplinary team, the Recruitment and Retention Coordinator (RRC) coordinates the day-to-day operations of the Ryan White HIV clinic including registration, managing the schedule, addressing questions from patients and clinic staff, and maintaining supplies and equipment, all in coordination with the Clinic Nurse.
In addition, the individual in this position will provide case management services aimed at improving patient health care outcomes and brokerage of wrap around services. This includes providing information about various government and community programs to the patients and assisting eligible individuals to apply for these programs. The position also performs clerical functions relating to receiving and guiding patients on how to use the clinic. This position is responsible for registering patients, verifying insurance status and scheduling appointments. They are expected to provide outstanding customer services to patients and their families.
Case Management Responsibilities (50%)
- Performs needs assessment for concrete services such as financial benefits, housing, transportation and other social services.
- Coordinates access to medical and support services.
- Conduct surveys and assessments with eligible clients and provide treatment education and supportive counseling to at-risk HIV-positive individuals who are out of care.
- Client-specific advocacy and/or review of utilization of services -- Empower/educate clients to make informed decisions regarding health care and use of social services.
- Documents patient interactions and plans and updates in patients’ records.
- Maintains a list of resources and provides referrals to patients based on their needs.
- Coordinate with the SFDPH LINCS program and community HIV testing sites to ensure rapid linkage to care for newly diagnosed individuals.
- Monitor patient referrals and hospitalizations to ensure successful access and prevent re-admission
- Submit monthly activity reports and statistical data to the HIV Services Director.
- Department of Justice background check and fingerprint screening required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Coordination Responsibilities (40%)
- Serve as the first contact to Clínica Esperanza for potential clients identified through external referrals, self-referred walk-ins and previously identified out of care individuals. Conduct a screening and brief readiness assessment with these clients; act as a liaison for Clínica Esperanza and other agencies; and facilitate referrals as necessary for newly diagnosed or out-of-care HIV positive clients.
- Be knowledgeable of medical services available in San Francisco County and develop specific protocols for identifying and reaching HIV+ persons of color.
- Assess clinic procedures to identify any barriers to care, as well as propose policy and procedure updates to streamline access to care for clients.
- Coordinate relevant staff, including the Treatment Link Specialist, to enhance linkages to care and engagement, and improve data collection and tracking. Ensure services are not duplicated and all clients are linked to care and/or have a follow-up plan.
- Answers the phone in a timely and polite manner.
- Provides exemplary customer services; treats patients and family members with courtesy and discretion.
- Follows patient services policies and procedures under the direction of the Director of Patient Services.
- Coordinate and monitor the RAPID linkage protocol for new diagnoses, including data tracking and intensive case management.
- Interviews new patients to secure demographic information, registers individuals as MNHC patients; enters patient information into the Practice Management System and initiates the medical record.
- Renews and updates patient demographics as required by verifying that patient’s record is up to date and accurate.
- Coordinates registration for primary care services and obtaining required documentation.
- Initiates and/or completes applications for health insurance coverage.
- Checks insurance eligibility for every appointment. Makes necessary updates and contact parents to inform them of any issues.
- Monitors and schedules appointments for students over the phone and in person.
- Manage Social Media sites, create content, and analyze engagement metrics to identify ways to maximize reach.
Outreach and In-reach Activities (10%)
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related field required. Associates Degree with 2 years of relevant experience.
- At least 2 years of related work experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively with target population and community partners.
- Sensitivity to HIV/AIDs and Gay, Lesbian, bisexual, and transgender issues.
- Fluent in English and Spanish required.
- Knowledge of computer data entry, information retrieval and Microsoft Word preferable.
- Familiarity with Third Party Reimbursement programs preferable.
- Knowledge of motivational interviewing techniques desirable.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to work professionally and ethically in a multi-cultural team setting.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality when dealing with patient records and personal information.
- Upholds ethical standards, practices, department’s policies/procedures and organization’s policies/procedures.
To learn more about our organization, please visit our website at www.mnhc.org. We offer a full range of benefits which includes the following:
- Medical Insurance – MNHC pays 90-100% based on plan
- Dental and Vision Insurance – free to employee
- Life Insurance – free basic policy plus voluntary option
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health & dependent care expenses
- Commuter benefits for public transportation expenses
- Vacation – 2 weeks (3 weeks after 5 yrs; 4 weeks after 8 yrs)
- 12 Paid Holidays plus your birthday and 12 Sick Days each year
- 40 hours Paid Educational Leave
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Company Contribution
Mission Neighborhood Health Center is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment for our diverse workforce. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.