The Mission Neighborhood Health Center (MNHC) is a non-profit, multi-site community health organization offering comprehensive health services in the Mission and Excelsior Districts of San Francisco. The center offers primary health care services, adult medicine, pediatrics, family planning, OB/GYN, HIV and homeless services.
We advocate for health equity and deliver innovative, high-quality services responsive to the neighborhoods and diverse communities we serve with a focus on the Latino Spanish-Speaking Communities.
We are currently looking for qualified candidates for our HR Generalist role. This position reports to the Chief Human Resources Officer and is a Regular, Full Time, Exempt role with a salary range of $68,800 to $77,600 with full benefits.
The Human Resources Generalist provides guidance, support, and coordination in the consistent and effective application of policies, procedures, and practices of the Human Resources department. The Human Resources Generalist supports all aspects of HR including recruiting, onboarding, HRIS/ATS systems, and ensuring that the organization is in full compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
HR Operations (30%)
- Assists the CHRO in organizing, managing, coordinating, and administering the operations and functions of the human resources department.
- Under the guidance of the CHRO, answers questions and advises managers & supervisors regarding recruitment efforts, benefits, personnel policies & procedures, and the NUHW union contract.
- Point person for compliance reporting, (EDD, EEOC, FLSA, ACA, etc.), submission, and coordination.
- Ensures exceptional customer experience by responding in a timely and accurate manner to inquiries, triaging issues, and bringing issues to the attention of the CHRO as appropriate.
- Commitment to confidentiality as it relates to personnel records, organizational information, and other confidential information. Ensures that all records in human resources are kept secure from unauthorized access or unauthorized use.
- When necessary participates as a member of the selection panel during the recruitment process.
- Coordinates annual HR internal audits.
Benefits Administration & Onboarding (30%)
- Main contact for benefits administration in coordination with our brokers. Point person for new-hire benefits enrollment, open enrollment, mid-year employee benefits questions, and HRIS benefits coordination.
- Coordinates on-boarding for new hires, to include, coordination of new hire paperwork, HRIS employee onboarding, and benefits enrollment.
- Works with the CHRO to develop and implement best practices for all steps of the on-boarding process.
Employee Relations (10%)
- Supports the CHRO in responding to employee concerns.
- Assists employees with benefits questions, and issues.
Payroll Partnership (30%)
- Works closely with the Finance-Payroll team to ensure they are provided with personnel updates, such as promotions, demotions, transfers, wage garnishments, changes to salary, benefits, and job classifications in a timely manner.
- Manages employee electronic records
- Works with the CHRO and the Payroll team to develop Best Practices for HR/Payroll coordination of personnel data to ensure efficiency and accuracy.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources management or related field.
- PHR certification preferred.
- At least two years of experience in human resources, 3-5 years preferred.
- Bilingual – conversational Spanish/English preferred.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of the principles, theories, and practices of human resource management, including State and Federal employment regulations.
- Demonstrated ability communicate effectively with diverse audiences at every level of the organization.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, representatives from labor unions, and external agencies.
- Ability to establish priorities and manage multiple activities to meet organizational goals and deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience using HRIS & ATS, plus advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel.
To learn more about our organization, please visit our website at www.mnhc.org. We offer a full range of benefits which includes the following:
- Medical Insurance – MNHC pays 90-100% based on plan
- Dental and Vision Insurance – free to employee
- Life Insurance – free basic policy plus voluntary option
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health & dependent care expenses
- Commuter benefits for public transportation expenses
- Vacation – 2 weeks (3 weeks after 5 yrs; 4 weeks after 8 yrs)
- 12 Paid Holidays plus your birthday and 12 Sick Days each year
- 40 hours Paid Educational Leave
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Company Contribution
Mission Neighborhood Health Center is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment for our diverse workforce. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.