Pharmacy Technician, On-Call (bilingual)
The Mission Neighborhood Health Center (MNHC) is a non-profit, multi-site community health organization offering comprehensive health services in the Mission and Excelsior Districts of San Francisco. The center offers primary health care services, adult medicine, pediatrics, family planning, OB/GYN, HIV and homeless services.
We advocate for health equity and deliver innovative, high-quality services responsive to the neighborhoods and diverse communities we serve with a focus on the Latino Spanish-Speaking Communities.
We are currently looking for qualified candidates for our Pharmacy Technician, On-Call role. This position reports to the Director of Pharmacy and is an On-Call, Non-Exempt role with a starting hourly rate range $26.00 to $29.00.
The On-Call Pharmacy Technician is responsible for overall coordination and processing of new patient medication orders and reorders, in accordance with Federal and State law and regulations and institution’s policies and procedures. This individual works with both internal and external customers to ensure that orders are processed in a timely manner and meet all financial and clinical requirements prior to fulfillment.
- Receive written prescription or request for a prescription refill from patients, medical providers or charge nurse and ensure completeness of information on prescription according to State and Federal law.
- Manages inbound calls and make outbound calls related to setting up medication orders working with medical providers, customers, and other pharmacy staff to ensure patients receive their specialty medication in a timely manner.
- Organize, retrieve, count, pour, weigh, measure, and mix medications for pharmacist to dispense by reading medication orders and prescriptions; including fill prescription affixing prescription and auxiliary labels to prescription containers, and select type of prescription container.
- File prescription claims using FSI system and communicate with health plans for patient’s eligibility problems.
- Run end of day Log Script Report for Pharmacist and file in folders by month.
- Set up FSI system daily backup at end of day.
- Create a new item in the FSI system according to Pharmacist’s instructions for new items purchased.
- Receives and resolves issues over the phone & routes appropriately.
- Maintains pharmacy inventory by checking pharmaceutical stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed medications and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt; removing outdated drugs
- Maintains a safe and clean pharmacy by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintain proper storage and security conditions for drugs. Clean, and help maintain equipment and work areas, and sterilize glassware according to prescribed methods.
- Ability to preserve confidentiality of protected health information (PHI).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Fluent in English/Spanish required.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Valid California Pharmacy Technician License.
- 3 years experience as a Pharmacy Technician, preferred.
- Completion of training program accredited by American Society of Health System Pharmacists.
To learn more about our organization, please visit our website at www.mnhc.org.
Mission Neighborhood Health Center is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment for our diverse workforce. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.