Medical Records Clerk
The Mission Neighborhood Health Center (MNHC) is a non-profit, multi-site community health organization offering comprehensive health services in the Mission and Excelsior Districts of San Francisco. The center offers primary health care services, adult medicine, pediatrics, family planning, OB/GYN, HIV and homeless services.
We advocate for health equity and deliver innovative, high-quality services responsive to the neighborhoods and diverse communities we serve with a focus on the Latino Spanish-Speaking Communities.
We are currently looking for qualified candidates for our Medical Records Clerk role. This position reports to the Medical Records Supervisor and is a Regular, Full Time, Non-Exempt role with a starting hourly rate range of $20.01 with full benefits.
The Medical Records Clerk performs functions relating to scanning and filing clinical and other documents into patients' electronic medical records. The Medical Records Clerk prints records for chart requests, audits, and medical visits.
- Scans and files clinical, financial and administrative documents into electronic health record.
- Requests charts from storage.
- Responds to written requests for patient information and calls from other facilities and forwards to appropriate provider in a timely fashion.
- Locates patient medical record numbers or other patient information in the electronic health record or practice management system.
- Monitors and sorts faxed documents and delivers to the appropriate Provider or Clinic/Department.
- Obtains records requested by outside providers and provides to copy services for transmission.
- Runs prenatal patients by gestational age report. Prints and distributes prenatal records to Women's Clinic. Logs records release in EHR.
- Answers and responds to phone calls from both internal and external customers.
- Forwards outside providers' requests for health information to appropriate providers when release of information signed by the patient is not available and provider needs it as soon as possible.
- Creates blank paper folders for prenatal patients.
- Prepares, scans, files and abstracts historic patient information into electronic health record.
- Retrieves loose filed documents to be boxed by date and prepares for sending to storage.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1 year of experience working in Medical Records preferred.
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred.
- Previous clerical or office experience preferred.
- Familiarity with medical terminology and ICD-10 codes preferred.
- Ability to use an electronic health record and practice management system.
To learn more about our organization, please visit our website at www.mnhc.org. We offer a full range of benefits which includes the following:
- Medical Insurance – MNHC pays 90-100% based on plan
- Dental and Vision Insurance – free to employee
- Life Insurance – free basic policy plus voluntary option
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health & dependent care expenses
- Commuter benefits for public transportation expenses
- Vacation – 2 weeks (3 weeks after 5 yrs; 4 weeks after 8 yrs)
- 12 Paid Holidays plus your birthday and 12 Sick Days each year
- 40 hours Paid Educational Leave
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Company Contribution
Mission Neighborhood Health Center is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment for our diverse workforce. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.